When removing the front wing and wheel arch liners to get the passenger side door off, I found quite a bit of surface rust which I didn’t like the look of. So I took to grinding it back and reprotecting it.
It looks alright from a distance
Front Passenger Arch
Shine a light in that arch and there’s plenty of nastiness
Yet another sheared bolt requires retapping the hole.
Arch Early prep
Some light grinding evens out a lot of the bad spots
Retapped & Hollowed
I’ve had to retap and clear some of the mount points. When reassembling I’ll be trying some rivnuts and / or rivets
Back to clean metal so almost ready to protect again
A little bit here and a little bit there and we're almost ready.
Ready to Seal
Ready for protecting and coating
Hammerite direct to metal applied to areas which were originally body coloured (it doesn’t matter that this is not a paint match as none of this is visibe normally anyway)
Arch Before / After
Before (left) and after (right) after just hammerite:
The final article
Body sealant applied to the remainder
Start to Finish
Before / during / after. I definitely prefer the after look
Under Bonnet Before/After
Before & after minor touch ups